Last Updated: February 2015
Contact James & Rienie Dobson
- +27 41 468 0173
- +27 83 533 5620
- +27 86 689 2783
2 Head Street, Colchester
- Longitude: 25.816578
- Latitude: -33.697169
About The Sundowner
The Sundowner three star rated Bed and Breakfast accommodation establishment in Greater Addo has spectacular views of the Sundays River and boasts with two decks from where sundowners can be enjoyed.
We offer Bed and Breakfast and three fully equipped self catering facilities. We are on the Big Seven Sunshine coastal route about 3 km from the new N2 Southgate to the Addo Elephant National Park and close to the major malaria free game reserves in the Eastern Cape.
A combination of beach, river, estuary, sand dunes and lush forest makes this area a paradise for all nature lovers and caters for everyone from bird watchers, fisherman, water sport enthusiasts to game viewers. No where else can so many activities be enjoyed in such close proximity to one another.
The ideal place for fisherman, dunewalkers, watersport and enthusiasts, and game viewers:
- All units have full en-suite bathrooms (toiletries included) & fully equiped kitchens with tea / coffee included
- Fans /heaters, DSTV & secured parking for boats & trailers.
- Water sports - equipment for hire available.
- Sund Dunes & unspoilt beaches - perfect for dune boarding or long leisurely walks
- Canoe trails-safe and ideal for bird watching, over 200 species at your doorstep
- Game viewing -
- The Sundowner is close to major Game Reserves with Addo Elephant National's South entrance only 3 km away
- Malaria free
- Croc & Hippo Free waters
- Fishing - excellent beach & river fishing
Room / Unit Features
- Kitchen (fully Equipped)
On Site Features
- Braai / Barbeque Area
- Child Friendly (all Ages)
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Parking (off Street)
- Smoking (in Demarcated Areas)
- Smoking (non Indoors)
Map and Directions to The Sundowner
GPS: 33° 41' 49.81" S / 25° 48' 59.68" E
From Port Elizabeth:
Travel on the N2 in the direction of Grahamstown for about 40 kilometres. Pass Bluewater Bay, the Coega Harbour Development and continue over the Sundays River Bridge. Look out for COLCHESTER / CANNONVILLE turn off. Take this turn off to the right. Turn left at the T-junction and take the first turn right into Head Street. We are on the corner of Head and Wellington Street.